Featured

Actor Turned NASCAR Driver Suffers a Freak Accident, Misses Key Race

Former child actor and current NASCAR driver Frankie Muniz has been sidelined after suffering a ladder-related accident that resulted in a broken wrist.

The injury will force him to miss upcoming races, including this weekend’s event at Darlington, as reported by The New York Post.

Muniz, 38, best known for starring in the hit sitcom Malcolm in the Middle, shared details of the incident Thursday in an Instagram post. He revealed he fractured his distal radius after falling from the top of a ladder while changing batteries in a Ring security camera at his home.

Trump’s Sovereign Wealth Fund: What Could It Mean For Your Money?

“The phrase ‘FML’ (Frankie Muniz’s Life) takes on new meaning with moments like these,” Muniz wrote.

“I’m disappointed to share that I won’t be racing at Darlington this weekend or for the next few weeks due to a distal radius fracture. Yesterday, I fell from the top of a ladder while changing the batteries in a Ring camera in my backyard. Note to self: heed the ladder warning that says, ‘Do not sit or stand on top step.’”

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

[esi random_video_player ttl=”0″]

He added, “In hindsight, a taller ladder would’ve been smarter. While I’m gutted to miss the races, I’m grateful it wasn’t worse. I feel for my team, who’ve poured their hearts into this season, and I’m thankful for @FordPerformance and their unwavering support. The doctor estimates a 6–8 week recovery, so I’ll be back in the driver’s seat as soon as I’m cleared.”

Medical experts describe distal radius fractures as among the most common bone injuries, typically occurring near the wrist.

Muniz’s latest setback follows a serious crash in 2023 during the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race in Avondale, Arizona, where he was involved in a multi-vehicle collision.

At the time, sports reporter Noah Lewis shared video footage showing Muniz limping and being helped into an ambulance. After the incident, Muniz told reporters he was “OK” but called the crash “unfortunate.”

Muniz transitioned from Hollywood to professional racing after ending his acting career more than a decade ago. Following the conclusion of Malcolm in the Middle in 2006, he pursued motorsports full time, a career shift he has repeatedly said brought him greater satisfaction.

“As an actor, I’ve been fortunate to do a lot of great things and people tell me, ‘I love your show, or I love this or that,’ but it’s all based on opinion,” Muniz told Fox News Digital in 2023.

“Where, as a racecar driver, it’s not subjective. You either win and you’re the fastest or you’re slow.”

Muniz appeared on Fox & Friends last year to announce his full-time commitment to the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. “I can’t believe it, it’s a dream come true,” he said. “If I’m going to do this, I want to dedicate myself to it 100%.”

While his recovery will delay his racing season, Muniz emphasized he intends to return once cleared by doctors.


The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.



Source link

Related Posts

1 of 96