Featured

Dad Confesses to Killing Baby Emmanuel, Dumping His Body in Trash [WATCH]

Authorities in California say a father has admitted to killing his 7-month-old son and disposing of the body in a trash can after initially claiming the child had been abducted, as reported by The New York Post.

Jake Haro, 32, and his wife Rebecca were arrested on August 22 in connection with the disappearance of their son, Emmanuel, in Riverside County. Officials now believe Emmanuel died after enduring prolonged abuse at the hands of both parents.

Trump’s Sovereign Wealth Fund: What Could It Mean For Your Money?

Riverside County District Attorney Michael Hestrin told reporters Wednesday that investigators used an undercover inmate to elicit a confession from Haro while in custody.

“We believe baby Emmanuel was subject to abuse over time, and because of that abuse, he succumbed to his injuries,” Hestrin said. He added, “We have a pretty strong indication of where the remains of baby Emmanuel are.”

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

[esi random_video_player ttl=”0″]

Rebecca Haro initially told police that a stranger had attacked her outside a sporting goods store in San Bernardino on August 14 and abducted the child. Investigators soon found inconsistencies in the account, and both parents were taken into custody on murder charges.

From jail, Jake Haro changed his story, at one point claiming he accidentally suffocated the child while sleeping and then buried him near a freeway. That account led to searches in remote areas near Moreno Valley, where Haro was seen in an orange jumpsuit assisting investigators.

Hestrin said Haro should never have been free, citing a 2018 child abuse conviction in which he severely beat his daughter from a prior marriage.

The assault left the girl with fractured ribs, a fractured skull, a brain hemorrhage, and permanent injuries. “That decision was absolutely outrageous. Mr. Haro should have been in prison,” Hestrin said, noting Haro had received no jail time for the earlier conviction.

Authorities confirmed that both Jake and Rebecca will face murder charges, although Emmanuel’s body has not yet been located.

NewsNation reported that investigators also attempted to use a similar undercover operation on Rebecca, but she maintained her original version of events.

Officials believe Emmanuel may have died weeks before his parents reported the alleged kidnapping. The couple’s other two children — a 2-year-old girl and a 16-year-old stepchild — have been placed in the custody of Riverside County Child Protective Services.

The Haros were scheduled to be arraigned on Tuesday, but the hearing was postponed until next week.

Investigators also revealed that Riverside County deputies responded to a separate report of suspected child abuse on August 14 at a residence on Cottonwood Avenue in Moreno Valley, not far from the sporting goods store where Rebecca claimed she was attacked.

That case has since been linked to the Haros.

The search for Emmanuel’s remains is ongoing.


The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of LifeZette. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.



Source link

Related Posts

1 of 95