Top Stories     Top Stories 4    News/CommentaryFeatured

Dem oversight committee investigates President Trump’s newest son-in-law

House Oversight Committee Democrats have reportedly launched an investigation into President Donald Trump’s son-in-law, Michael Boulos, based on findings from a report from The New York Times.

Boulos is the husband of Tiffany Trump, whom he married on Nov. 12, 2022, at Mar-a-Lago. Last week, the Times ran a report claiming that he and his cousin had received $100,000 in exchange for inviting a Saudi businessman to the wedding.

“Mr. Boulos’s cousin promised to get a Saudi businessman invited to the Boulos-Trump wedding so that the businessman could pose for photographs with the Trumps and project a closeness with the family,” according to the Times’ reporting.

“We want you to be at the top of the guest list,” the cousin, Jimmy Frangi, reportedly wrote to Saudi businessman Abdulelah Allam.

This finding infuriated Democrats.

“This revelation, if accurate, would represent a corrupt and reckless attempt by the Trump family to leverage proximity to Donald Trump for personal enrichment,” House Oversight Committee ranking member Robert Garcia wrote in a letter to Allam.

“Further, it raises serious questions as to whether financial conflicts of interest have influenced the administration’s foreign policy at the expense of American national security,” Garcia added.

He continued the letter with a list of demands for “all documents, records, communications, and other materials” related to Allam’s business dealings with Boulos.

“Reporting that President Trump’s son-in-law received $100,000 from a Saudi businessman raises serious concerns that corrupt foreign money is being used to buy access to the President and influence American policy,” Garcia said in a separate statement.

“The American people deserve to know whether their government is working for them or for the benefit of foreign billionaire businessmen. Committee Democrats are determined to get answers,” he added.

Democrats were also annoyed by the differing statements/stories given by Boulos and Allam.

“According to Michael Boulos’s spokesman, Mr. Frangi’s ‘financially struggling company’ owed Mr. Boulos money,” the Times notes. “So, at Mr. Frangi’s request, the Saudi businessman settled the debt by paying Mr. Boulos himself, the spokesman said.”

But according to a spokesperson for Allam, the money was a loan to Boulos that he was waiting to be repaid.

“Given these glaring inconsistencies, the Committee seeks to understand the underlying reason for the $100,000 transfer and whether the transaction was intended to purchase influence with the Trump family,” Garcia wrote in his letter.

“These actions raise serious questions about whether corrupt financial interests are influencing American policy and whether President Trump is for sale to those willing to pay,” he added.

The huge, huge, huge catch hiding at the bottom of the Times’ story is that Allam never even attended the wedding!

Despite this, Garcia nevertheless concluded his letter by also demanding access to all documents related to Allam’s “possible attendance at Mr. Boulos’s November 12, 2022, wedding.”

In his letter, the Democrat congressman also attacked other members of the Trump family.

“This case appears to fit a pattern of unscrupulous behavior by the Trump family, including Jared Kushner’s investment firm receiving $2 billion from the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia shortly after Mr. Kushner left the White House; President Trump’s exploitation of his ownership of the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. to unlawfully take hundreds of payments from U.S. Secret Service, foreign governments, federal and state officials, federal job seekers, and presidential pardon recipients; and, more recently, President Trump’s receipt of a $400 million luxury airliner as a gift from the Qatari government,” he wrote.

Separately, the Democrats published a fact-sheet based on the Times’ reporting, accusing Boulos of raking in cash after catapulting “himself into Trump’s inner circle.”

The fact sheet cites supposed examples such as Boulos selling brother-in-law Jared Kushner an investment in a 50-meter superyacht while working for his cousin’s international yacht brokerage.

“Unbeknown to Mr. Kushner, the firm overcharged him and worked to conceal the true price from him, contemporaneous text messages show,” the Times reported. “The exact amount is unclear but the messages and a lawyer’s written description of the deal say the overcharge was $2.5 million.”

DONATE TO BIZPAC REVIEW

Please help us! If you are fed up with letting radical big tech execs, phony fact-checkers, tyrannical liberals and a lying mainstream media have unprecedented power over your news please consider making a donation to BPR to help us fight them. Now is the time. Truth has never been more critical!

Success! Thank you for donating. Please share BPR content to help combat the lies.

Vivek Saxena
Latest posts by Vivek Saxena (see all)

We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, profanity, vulgarity, doxing, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain fruitful conversation.



Source link

Related Posts

1 of 96